Mixed Metal Valentine Decor

This month my Challenge friends and I focused on . I wanted to stray from the usual suspects, pink and red. So I created a mixed metal Valentine piece to add to my mantel.
It all started with this outdated a palm painting my mom's hairdresser gave her...knowing we love a makeover project!
The next element was this beat up shutter I pulled off someone's curb.
I used Kilz to cover the loud painting and stained the wood slats from the shutter a gorgeous deep Espresso. A few slats were cut in half to make the letters work.
I spray painted the entire canvas gold and then hand painted metallic stripes with acrylic craft paint. For ease, I glued the wooden letters together with metal findings I painted to look rust like. I attached the letters with command strips so I can take them off and re-use the canvas later!
I'm really happy how it all came together and the message laid on my heart was even better. I hope you'll hope over to the blog to hear it and see the final project from Hunt & Host! I'd love to have you!

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Salvaged Living: Decorating & DIY