Upcycle Old Maps Into Personalised Heart Treat Bags for Valentines

For valentines day I have made some lovely heart shaped treat bags using old maps. This is a really easy craft where you can make something quite special for your loved one by upcycling maps that have meaning for you. For example you could use a map of where you first met, or your favourite city or even a piste map of your favourite ski run.
All you need are some old maps, road maps, tourist maps, downloaded maps, map wrapping paper any maps you like.
I used a heart shape cookie cutter to draw round and cut out my chosen map. Two hearts per treat bag.
These are then just sewn together on a sewing machine, (you can try by hand if you want). Leave a gap at the top to fill with treats. When full with treats insert a luggage tag pull and sew shut.
To make them more valentine like I used a red thread.
Sewing on paper is really easy and fun.
These map heart treat bags are great fun not only does your valentine get a little sweet treat but a personal reminder of a special place.
What special maps would you choose ?

Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Kristen
    Kristen

How does the "pull me" work? Does it somehow un-stitch the stiches, or does it tear open the heart?

• Claire at Pillarboxblue
      Claire at Pillarboxblue

It depends how you stitch it, if you stitch the tag thread along the line of the stitches the it should tear open as you pull. Otherwise it's just more decorative, it takes a little practice to work out the best way to sew in the Pull Tag.