French Inspired Terra Cotta Flower Pots!

This is a super easy way to add a pretty grapic to your terra cotta flower pots! Great for indoor use and the perfect little gift for someone special~
I used my DIY Aged Terra Cotta Pots, the tutorial for aging terra cotta is on the blog & on a post here on Hometalk!
Print your graphic (got mine from Graphics Fairy!) Cut close to print lines and apply Mod Podge to the printed side of the graphic~
rub graphic onto terra cotta ...Let dry over night!
Using a spray bottle or very wet paper towel wet the graphic and peel & rub the paper off. Be careful and go slow, and re-wet the paper if necessary~
Then you can spray them with a matte top coat to seal, or use them just like they are. They wouldn't be good for out doors but for inside they're perfect! xo
All Things Heart and Home

• Marilyn

Do I use any paper design from a magazine?

• Chris

Did the pots come with the white glaze look or did you treat them with something before you put on the appliques? They're lovely!

• Wha22433988

You added the Mod Podge to the printed side of the graphic, correct? How were you able to do this without the image transposing backwards on the pot? I can't figure that part out.
    • Ann

good question. I think they had to reverse the letter graphics. Otherwise they would be backwards.
    • Ctu6992126

Before printing graphic, reverse image on computer, either in photoshop or a similar program that enables you to do so.

• Vdhgrafx Vicki Diehl Holm

Hello, if I print something out from my computer onto paper I could use March podge it onto something and do that process he demonstrated or do I have to print it onto a special paper?
    • Patticake78

Cut a piece of "waxed paper" (from your grocery store) the size of your white paper in your printer. (It will help the waxed paper go through without issues) The sheet of white paper and the wax paper should go through together (make sure your wax paper is on the right side to be printed on) once you have printed your image on your wax paper.. wait about a minute and place the image (ink side down on what you it to adhere to) take a credit card and slowly scrape other the image and it will stick to your pot or whatever your trying decorate. Hope this helps!

• Roberta Lenski

Great idea but it looks like a label glued to a pot. How do you get rid of the obvious border and make it look like it was printed or painted?
  • Janet Rose

Can I paint a pot and then make a transfer over the paint???

• Petro

Yes, I’m sure you can. I do these transfers on wooden boxes that I paint first. I also make sure to user a laser printer and put the object in a cold oven, heat to 175 and let it cool down in oven to help set the image. For words, be sure to reverse the image.

• SusyLarus

where do i get the transfer?

• Bijoux

Really like it. Link for DIY aged terra cotta is not working for me. can you please provide. Thank you for the cute idea.

• Annie Doherty

Lovely, thank you.