DIY FAUX HEADBOARD WITH ROYAL DESIGN STUDIO STENCILS

With the holidays being here and friends coming to visit, I want my house to look its best so I was super excited to find out about Royal Design Studio Stencils, available in stunning modern designs. An easy way to spruce up the house for the holidays is by using paint. Adding stencils makes the transformation of a simple wall or furniture piece even more impressive to guests! When my mother-in-law and sister-in-law come to visit, they usually stay in Katie’s room. This year, she was gifted with a queen mattress set, however, we did not have space in the room to put any kind of bed frame other than a boring plain metal frame that no one sees. To dress up Katie’s bedroom for overnight holiday guests, we decided to use the gorgeous Starry Moroccan Night stencil by Royal Design Studio Stencils to create a faux headboard for her bed.
The slim “headboard” takes up very little space in the room but makes a big impact with Katie’s new colorful geometric bedding. When she decides she no longer wants these, we can move them to another room to use as canvases to decorate the walls.
Since we needed to cover the design on the canvases, we gave them each 1 coat of white gesso. The gesso covers the ugly design that was on the canvas and gives the canvas tooth so the paint we’ll be stenciling on will adhere properly.
Check out the link below for the blog post and watch the video of how this came together from start to finish:

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Jennifer Priest

• Forestine Jackson
    Forestine Jackson

Love this! This was trendy when I was in college in 1974 . . . Oh wow how this takes me back. #GoHoosiers

• Sue Sandelin
    Sue Sandelin

I bought 2 poster boards taped them together and bought some material to match my quiltwraped the material around the poster board and stapled it to the board and took command strips and taped them to the wall behind my pillows came out great