Barb Rosen
Barb Rosen
  • Wilmington, DE

DIY ~ April Showers Gathering Vase Bouquet

$15

Imagine a lovely cutting garden full of color and scent and then put it into a vase, that's what I did! This more traditional bouquet style is designed by placing the tallest flowers in first (larkspur), then adding and layering by height : stock, alstroemeria, daisy mums, waxflowers,tulips, ranunculus, with sweet peas and ferns added to "frame" the bouquet. Tiny paper umbrellas give homage to the "April Showers" theme. Anyone can do this, it's as if you went out to the cutting garden and snipped off your favorites.
Ranunculus
Ranunculus
April Showers Gathering Vase Bouquet
April Showers Gathering Vase Bouquet
Alstroemeria
Alstroemeria
Daisy Mums
Daisy Mums
Larkspur
Larkspur
Waxflower
Waxflower
tiny paper umbrellas for "April Showers"
Sweet Peas
Sweet Peas
Tulips
Tulips
Barb Rosen

• Sue Miler

Do they need full sun?

• Barb Rosen

@Sue Miler ~ no, they are cut flowers gathered in a bouquet to take inside or out as a centerpiece.

• Barrie Templeton

If we are to try to grow any of these, we need growing zone information. In our area, Peonies are hardy, but I don't think English tea roses can survive the winter.

• Barb Rosen

These are purchased flowers made into a bouquet, Barrie. I suggest you google each flower you like to see recommended growing conditions and practices for your particular zone.

• Barbara

I've always loved ranunculus but my all time favorite is Sweet Pea's growing now in our back yard up a wired trellis!

• Barb Rosen

@Barbara ~ they are an old-fashioned cottage garden favorite of mine as well!

• Carey

When I was a little girl, my Mom had a row of sweet peas planted beside our house, and I was allowed to pick as many as I wanted. My favorite pastime was picking flowers to take to my Mommy and the neighbor ladies! Esp. on May day when we could make little paper baskets, fill them with flowers, and hang them on the neighbors doors, ring the bell and run hide to watch them find their flowers! What special memories the still have for me. A gift from my Mom!

• Carey

Maybe it would be something that we could arrange to share with our Grandchildren. Or in my case now, Great Grandchild. I think that when I get down close to him, I will begin sharing this one with him! it is worth passing on and giving those same sweet memories to the next generation!