Navy Boys Bedroom

We just finished remodeled our oldest son's navy boys bedroom and I back today to share his completed room!
A lot changed since the initial plan of what we wanted to do with the room but we are really happy with the result
We completely gutted the room. Bead board ceiling, built in desk, a new doorway and ....Despite managing to spill a whole can of navy paint on the wood floors I still had enough to paint the walls:). Painting tip:).... don't try to move a ladder with an open can of paint on top!
To start at the beginning of the plan for his room click on the link below and a complete tour and instructions on what we did click on the link below. It will also take you to the links about changing his doorway, the bead board ceiling, his built in desk and more.
Here's a peak at what this bedroom looked like before we started the renovation.
Here's a pic of the mess midway through our renovation where we changed out the doorway to expand the hallway and add a transom on top of the door.
In the end we couldn't be happier with how the bedroom turned out. To see more detailed instructions and step by step before and after pictures of this boys bedroom check out the link before to take you to my blog, Lehman lane.

15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Tara @ Lehman Lane

• Janice

Did you just cover over the existing floor? The whole room looks magnificent! I love the desk, love the ceiling, love the color.....everything is beautiful!

• Donna L. Woods-Clements

How do you "find out" there is lead in your paint? Yours is the 2nd post I've seen that mentions it.

• F

You can have a lead inspector come and check for lead. They use a special lead detection gun that will detect even small amounts of lead in paint. I think it was around $150.00 for a whole house, inside and out. If your house is lead free, they can certify it so that you have proof that there is no lead. If your home was built before 1978, there are gov't mandates in some states that say, rental homes have to be inspected every two years or between tenants for lead. It is well worth the cost especially if you ever want to rent or sell your house.

• Dee Dorman

Really nice job.

• Elora Trumper

We scraped the popcorn ceilings off when we remodeled our home.

• Diana Deiley

Looks like a picture right out of a décor magazine. Fabulous job. A well thought out plan and amazing craftsmanship. Lucky young man to have wonderful parents. I'm up for adoption!