Jewelry and Makeup Organization From an Old Dye Rack

My makeup started out in a travel bag that worked out ok for awhile. But then I had my colors done and figuring out what looked good on me and what worked with the colors that were best for me tor me to wear, my collection gradually began to outgrow the bag. My jewelry was the same way. I had a spot for necklaces, an old display rack, but no where for earrings. I kept them in a muslin pouch but that wasn't working at all. I'd have to dump everything out to see what I wanted to wear and it was hard on the dangly ones! I'd bought this old RIT dye rack at a benefit auction thinking I'd use it at the store as a display piece. But one day it hit me that it just might work to organize my jewelry and my makeup AND it would fit very well on my bathroom counter!
This old rack is a perfect size to sit on the countertop. And the metal rods are just the right size to hang dandly earrings on. Stud earring work nicely tucked into the empty spaces where the dye used to be displayed.
Easy to see what all I have and they don't get all tangled up with each other!
Starting to fill it up - so fun to display jewelry instead of tucking it away where it languishes and is never seen.
My makeup tucks in perfectly in the bottom portion of the dye rack. I love being able to see what I have in a neat and orderly manner without digging through a bag.
It goes very well with my old display rack use for my necklaces! Come on over to the blog and see how cool they look together and how my makeup fits so well!

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Jill F

• Sch13775115

Where do you find the "old dry rack"? I love the idea, especially for make-up. I forget what I have with the system I use now, but have never heard of or seen a "dry rack" that looks like yours. Maybe it is a regional thing? I live in Boston. Great idea!