Letitia Grace Lauer
Letitia Grace Lauer
  • Elgin, SC

The Lonely Library Table - Refinished - Now Ready for a New Adventure!

Advanced

This is one drab and lonely library (AKA:Drum) table. It was dented, dinged, and scratched all over. But with some chalk paint, some wood stain and some shimmery metallic. He is ready for his new life and adventure!
the lonely library table refinished now ready for a new adventure, chalk paint, painted furniture
This is the table when found at the second hand store.
I usually sand the tops down after I give them a good scrub but this step for some reason I did first instead of second...
I clean all my pieces with a mix of 50/50 vinegar and water. I add a small squirt of dawn and clean with a micro fiber cloth and a green scrubbing pad. Rinse will with plain water and a fresh clean cloth.
Ewww! See the nasty dirty residue that is being scrubbed off. This is why I usually do this first not second! LOL! YIKES! Don't want that to stain the sanded top! I had to be careful. I take off my hardware at this point and plop them right into that bowl. By the time I am done scrubbing the piece they have soaked long enough to be cleaned up as well.
If you would like to see how I took my sketched vision and applied it to the top of this table please watch this time lapse video.
Just a closer look at the crispness of this detail! I can't get over how sharp it looks.
This is the entire top completely finished. What do you think? Leave me a comment!
The over all piece with a reading theme. Anyone got a good adventure book?
Even though it is a library table it can be used for more then just books. How about some liquor storage for those evening cocktails?
Thank you for watching the video as well as taking the time to view this post. I hope you have a wonderful day and please check out my other HomeTalk posts on my account. I hope you enjoy them too. Leave me a message in the comments below.
Letitia Grace Lauer

• Cori

This is amazing and inspires me to want to try it ! So its Stain and Paint ?

• Barb C

Wow. What a find and a gorgeous make-over. Is it stain and paint or all stain?

• Shauna

Will you share your template?

• Vicky Corey

M&M Embellishments sent her followers to see your library table. I have two words, WOW and BEAUTIFUL! You did an awesome job and yes, I watched the video!
  • Kat

Exquisite! You’re extremely talented and I absolutely love 💕 your beautiful table!!!