Update Those Outdated China Cabinets With Wallpaper

We've all seen them, those enormous brown beasts that have been pushed aside and forgotten..you know...those china cabinets? No need to overlook them any longer because a simple update can take those classic pieces to a whole new level. With a new backing of designer wallpaper and a fresh coat of paint to cabinet and pulls. This brown beast is tamed and is now a show-stopping focal point.
update those outdated china cabinets with wallpaper, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
This china cabinet has a new look with the updated wallpaper backing that really calls attention to this forgotten piece of furniture.
The previous owner has this beauty stuffed in his barn and he couldn't get rid of it quick enough. I see potential and a challenge to boot.
One dismantled, the makeover begins and this is where it gets really fun!
Since our kitchen is in remodel mode (you can see it here: http://wp.me/p5GE1w-2Rc) , this was the best place for me to work on my project. Isn't my helper a cutie?
I chose a smoky gray chalky paint for the cabinet, a flat metallic for the pulls, and a gorgeous damask wallpaper for the backing. I couldn't be happier with the results!
Brown beast no more, but yet elegant lady ready to showcase your collections. If you would like to know my sources for products and read more of this complete makeover just head to my blog.
Would you love to have this for your own? It's available in my shop
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces