Did the Slugs/Snails Enjoy Eating Up Your Garden Last Summer?

$2.00

Here's a simple and environmentally friendly way to get rid of them, and you probably have it in your frig right now. It's simple - beer. You have to use it in a special way. See how here: http://the2seasons.com/2012/06/05/lets-get-drunk/
Last summer my husband and I planted our first garden, a compact container garden between our driveway and house.
You can imagine how upset we were when something started eating our produce before we had a chance to.
My mother said it might be slugs and to get rid of them by getting them drunk.  All you do is to fill small plastic containers with beer.  Don't worry.  The slugs will drink any kind.
My mother said it might be slugs and to get rid of them by getting them drunk. All you do is to fill small plastic containers with beer. Don't worry. The slugs will drink any kind.
Right before dark, dig small holes and position the containers so that they are even with the soil.  Then fill them with beer.  The slugs are attracted to the sweetness of it.  They will crawl in to have a drink, and then they drown.
Right before dark, dig small holes and position the containers so that they are even with the soil. Then fill them with beer. The slugs are attracted to the sweetness of it. They will crawl in to have a drink, and then they drown.
I got over 50 slugs in each container, and I only needed to do this two nights.  Then they were completely gone.  I knew that if other slugs appeared, I could repeat the process.
I got over 50 slugs in each container, and I only needed to do this two nights. Then they were completely gone. I knew that if other slugs appeared, I could repeat the process.
The 2 Seasons

• Dee

Crushed egg shells will also work, as will coarse sand or food-grade diatomateous earth. Just sprinkle around the base of the plant. Also effective, but rather expensive is copper in a ring around the base.

• LET4676150

Thx🐞