Pinecone Fairy Princess Craft

$5

Who knew making kids crafts out of pinecones could not only be so fun but turn out so super cute? In the lead up to Valentin's Day I decided to make a Valentine's Day fairy out of a large pinecone I had sitting on my craft table.
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
Looking at her makes me happy and my 2.5 year old love playing with her and he's a boy. He thinks she's "pretty" :)
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
This craft was actually fairly easy to make and it would be a fabulous craft to make in the lead up to Valentine's Day or on Valentine's Day itself. It's also an all round fabulous project to make with kids or even as a gift with a difference to a little girl (or boy).
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
For this craft you will need basic craft supplied like a large pinecone (or more if your making more fairy's), acrylic pain of your colour choice for the body, white paint, acrylic pain of your colour choice for her lips, cheeks and eyes, pipe cleaner, wool/yarn of your colour choice, hot glue, feathers, a cereal box, styrofoam ball and if making this with a child craft glue.
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
You can certainly spay paint the body but part of the fun of making this fairy of to paint her with a child, it's messy but so much fun. I dabbed as much paint I could on the pinecone until I got almost every crevice painted pink. Spray paint would have been easier but I was happy using acrylic paint.
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
I hot glued on the head to the body and hair to the head. No need to be too careful, after all this is a kids craft!
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
I made the wings using a cereal box. I drew a vary basic and rough butterfly shape and cut it out.
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
I then glued on beautiful lilac and turquoise feathers to the cardboard wings. I used hot glue but if you're making this with a child I would suggest using craft glue. It's messy and fun but safer than using hot glue!
pinecone fairy princess craft, crafts
I finished her off by making her a pipe cleaner crown and hot gluing on her wings. I decided not to add arms as it just didn't look right but there is no reason to stop you from giving her arms. It all comes down to your imagination.
Maria @ Pastels And Macarons