Jill F
Jill F
  • Covington, OH

Roman Shade

I recently made a Roman Shade for my girls room. I used fabric that was sent to me from Annie Sloan Unfolded. I love the fabric and I am overjoyed with the way the Roman shade turned out! I created a full tutorial on the blog, and I've used my own tutorial a couple times since to make roman shades for other windows. tutorial
roman shade, home decor, reupholster, window treatments
Dowel rods, a piece of wood for the top and cording are needed besides your fabric to create this shade. I used a book I had as a guide to get me started and then tweaked and changed things as I went to make it as simple and easy as possible.
The folds for the dowel rod pockets were approximately 5/8 - you need to make them large enough for your dowel to slide into easily but not so loose they will slide from side to side too much.
I pulled the shade up before hanging it to make sure the folds acted properly and to figure out the hem.
To see the full tutorial and the finished shade please come visit me on the blog!
Jill F

• Michele

I Love the roman shade you made. It was nice to have this sent to my inbox emal through home talk this morning. I was just talking about making a roman shade myself. Thanks for the great idea. Your Looks so pretty.

• Jill F

@Michele thank you! I hope you make one! They really are pretty simple!

• Maria Garcia

The fabric is awesome. It looks like a giant tea towel. Nice instructions.