Tin Accent Wall- for the Backyard

Our new 'industrial chic' backyard is coming along. Our first project was to add a bit of tin for some visual interest. It was pretty easy!
tin accent wall for the backyard, fences, outdoor living
Crafty Texas Girls

• Donna McLaughlin

How is the tin part of the fence anchored to the ground?
  • Nancy

I really like this idea BUT what about lightning?? Sorry didnt mean to bust your bubble. I really do like this.

• Jr Sharp

If lightning is going to hit the fence is going to hit it anyway the wood posts are grounded couple feet in the ground lightning would strike it just the same even without the corrugated wall

• Pam Robinson

I think it's awesome, but how did you anchor it to the ground?

• Cindy

It would have a stringer running just above the ground, just like any other backyard fence. You just screw the tin panels to the stringer. There are also uprights running probably every 3 feet or so, to screw the edges of the panel to.

• Peachie

Will this rust overtime??

• Crafty Texas Girls

Great question. No it has not rusted. Here is the info from the manufacturer of the product we used.

The galvanized finish will stand up to all kinds of weather and can be painted or aged for a variety of interesting visual effects. Corrugated panels are easily cut with shears and being light weight makes them easy to use and transport.

• Galvanized steel is a low-maintenance product that is known for durability.