I want to obtain a HVAC universal certification. Can a contractor or anyone suggest the easiest way to go about this?

I already have a electrcal license. Is there a way to study and go take a test? Not looking for a contractors license but whatever I must do. Thanks!
  4 answers
  • First thing go to web site http://www.contractor-licensing.com/florida/air-a-b-license.html to make sure you will qualify for this license. It appears that you will be required to have four years experience with this. The same web site offers some form of training also. I would also suggest that you go to to any HVAC supplier such as Johnstone Supply. They can provide you with tons of information regarding any classes that they offer and where else to get what you need. www.johnstonesupply.com Good luck!

  • Bill B Bill B on Feb 13, 2012
    Found out that there is a universal epa test kit sold at refrigeration supply houses called a QT3000 and it comes with a test vocher. I just do not know yet the requirements for taking the test. I would assume anyone can take the test but I am not sure yet.

  • Yes anyone can take the test, but for license from what I read in Florida you need to have experience under your belt to get this license. The refrigerant license is just part of the whole equation. I know Johnstone sells these kits by us. We also have a group called the Eastern Heating and Cooling Council. There may be chapters near you if you Google them. They hold classes for all the stuff you need to know and also for the credits required to keep your license intact once you get it.

  • Bill B Bill B on Feb 13, 2012
    Thanks alot for yor help!