Family pictures in the dining room?

+8
My husband and I have just done a makeover on our dining room. We went from 90's wallpaper, 2 coordinating patterns separated by a chair rail, to white wainscoting on the bottom w/white chair rail & a tan on the upper part of the walls. I have my grandmother's dining room set in mahogany and a walnut Pennsylvania corner cabinet and a walnut dry sink, a large 3' x 4' mirror with a mahogany frame, so what I am saying there is darker furniture in this room. I have an assortment of white lattice plates that I am going to placing on one wall, and already have a white shelf with older white platter, cake plate, pitchers, sugar & creamer, etc. What my real question is, is about putting family pictures on two smaller walls on either side of the large opening to this dining room. These pictures are of my husband's and my ancestors. Should the frames be varying shades of white, cottage looking frames, or should they be the darker wood frames? I have many frames and do not mind painting, scuffing, etc. the frames. I am stuck and would appreciate any suggestions. Well, I have finally gotten pictures that I can post. I have appreciated the comments so far without even having the ability to see anything! Now is the time to look and comment please. Thank you so very much!
family pictures in the dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, This is the wall over the wash stand that I will hang the white lattice plate assortment
This is the wall over the wash stand that I will hang the white lattice plate assortment.
family pictures in the dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, These are the two walls in which the family pictures will hang
These are the two walls in which the family pictures will hang.
family pictures in the dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, Another shot of the opening on which I want to put the ancestors
Another shot of the opening on which I want to put the ancestors.
family pictures in the dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, The smaller wall on the left side of the opening
The smaller wall on the left side of the opening.
family pictures in the dining room, dining room ideas, home decor, This is a shot of the room as a whole As you can see I have a Santa collection in the corner cabinet which I really would like to move it elsewhere if I had the room Also upholstery on the chairs are going to be changed Suggest
This is a shot of the room as a whole. As you can see I have a Santa collection in the corner cabinet, which I really would like to move it elsewhere if I had the room. Also upholstery on the chairs are going to be changed. Suggest?