Old Drawers Turned into Planter Boxes

Ever wished you had herbs all year round? Or, have a green thumb, but very little space? Here's a fun and practical way to use old drawers (these two happened to by from a dresser I had previously revamped) for a small, indoor/outdoor container garden! http://createinspireme.blogspot.com/2013/04/drawer-planter-boxes.html
I had these old legs lying around at the shop, but you can purchase similar legs at a home improvement store. The square ends made it easier to attach to the drawer.
An old drawer I had left over from a dresser turned media cabinet. I filled the holes so I could use different hardware.
I lined the drawer with a plastic tray and attached it to the bottom of the drawer to catch any run off from watering the plants. (I did have to cut it to make it fit, but then just sealed it with a silicone bead so it wouldn't leak.
I had some old plywood (anything would do though) and used a 4" hole saw to make the holes for the pots to sit in.
We assembled them and I painted, distressed, and added fun knobs!
A great way to add a pop of color on a front porch, in the kitchen, on a deck, or even in the garden (seal with an outdoor poly!) for the summer.

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Lisa @ {createinspire}

• Sarah
    Sarah

I believe I can do this! We are going from a very bulky store bed to a more minimal bed. Perfect timing.

• Cassie
    Cassie

love this idea it's so cute 💞😊

👍👍