Old Drawers Turned into Planter Boxes

Ever wished you had herbs all year round? Or, have a green thumb, but very little space? Here's a fun and practical way to use old drawers (these two happened to by from a dresser I had previously revamped) for a small, indoor/outdoor container garden! http://createinspireme.blogspot.com/2013/04/drawer-planter-boxes.html
I had these old legs lying around at the shop, but you can purchase similar legs at a home improvement store. The square ends made it easier to attach to the drawer.
An old drawer I had left over from a dresser turned media cabinet. I filled the holes so I could use different hardware.
I lined the drawer with a plastic tray and attached it to the bottom of the drawer to catch any run off from watering the plants. (I did have to cut it to make it fit, but then just sealed it with a silicone bead so it wouldn't leak.
I had some old plywood (anything would do though) and used a 4" hole saw to make the holes for the pots to sit in.
We assembled them and I painted, distressed, and added fun knobs!
A great way to add a pop of color on a front porch, in the kitchen, on a deck, or even in the garden (seal with an outdoor poly!) for the summer.
Lisa @ {createinspire}

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 35 comments
Next