Stephanie @ Garden Therapy
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy
  • Los Angeles, CA

Making a Woven Trellis

It couldn't be easier to make a sturdy yet stylish trellis for peas, beans, or other climbing plants. This project uses just one material and takes very little effort and time. What could be better?! More information on how to choose the proper sizes and shapes for your plants in the full tutorial: http://gardentherapy.ca/woven-bamboo-trellis/
Reach for the sky peas! That trellis is sturdy enough to hold you all.
Start by placing a row of bamboo stakes solidly in the ground. Weave another length of bamboo back and forth between the stakes. Repeat with another stake but alternating the weave.
Keep going until you have a complete and very sturdy trellis.
Train your plants up through the first few poles and then let them do their thing from there...these peas know what to do!
Stephanie @ Garden Therapy

• Debra Peters

This has given me a terrific idea! We live in Arizona and would have to buy the bamboo poles. However, I do have Palo Verde trees in my yard which require constant trimming. As I trim branches, I can create poles that will work for trellises. Thanks!!

• Maggie Passaro

I have a huge overgrown bamboo in my backyard, and now i know what to do with it , thank you so much, gonna have a yard full of trellises.