Patina Paradise
Patina Paradise
  • Cullman, AL

DIY Ex-Voto Sacred Heart

I love all thing antique and silver. One of my favourites are ex-votos in the form of hearts. As much as I love them I can not afford them... so I try to make my own. With the help of a dollar store disposable tray you too can make one.
diy ex voto sacred heart, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
You could put yours in a shadow box or in a drawer like I did mine.
These are the items that I started out with... the trays that I mentioned bought at the Dollar Tree some rhinestone chain you can find at Hobby Lobby, some foam core and some fabric to use as your backing. Oh and a small wooden drawer. and some hot glue and a hot glue gun.
I just love the embossed texture on the aluminum tray. The dark glaze brings out the pattern. I added a cross embellishment also found at Hobby Lobby. The fabric backing was from a blouse that I could no longer use as it had paint stains on it.
The little drawer was the perfect frame for it but it would look just as nice in a frame without glass or in a shadow box. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and may just make a few more as gifts.
Patina Paradise

• Alejandra Garcia

Do you have a stencil I can download, I would like to make it for my grammy.

• D.

As a Catholic, I Adore our SACRED HEART OF JESUS. THANK - YOU FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL AND INSPIRING SACRED ART. God Bless, Dee