[RENTAL FRIENDLY] DIY Door Decor With Washi Tape

1 Material
$0

If you live in a rental like I do, the doors are often very plain (unless you are super lucky with a place with character). I never really knew how I could give them a classy update without damaging the doors. I thought of applying decals which would work, but it is sad to admit that it’s seemed too complicated to do. I know how to apply decals. I used to do it a lot when I worked on the TV show Big Brother among other random shows and movies I have worked on. I was being lazy on this project guys. Maybe I am that should be a new series Is that already a thing? I admit it this is my lazy girl decorating + I don’t have one of those snazzy Silhouette Cameo and Cricut Explore machines that you can program to cut the decals you want. But washi tape works great, so it is hard to not use it when I have a lot of it stocked and sitting in my office.
Anyway, on to the the project… My plain boring white doors needed something. I decided after making my DIY Christmas Tree in 2015 that I totally wanted to tackle my doors. Washi tape is a renters best friend!!!! I also have used washi tape as a frame for a print over my bed in my room. Side note: My friend Flavia from Neat House Sweet Home just did a Periscope recently and talked about chalkboard tape. I had never heard of such a product. How cool is that? I found some online here if your are interested in learning more. Washi tape sticks long enough and doesn’t damage the surface it is stuck to. It comes in fun colors and patterns. I chose to do plain black. I thought the contrast against the stark whiteness would work nicely and I think I nailed it. You can tackle different shapes to create different faux inlays in your doors. Here are some other fun examples of this project. Here is the before photo of one of my my plain boring white doors.
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED: - Washi tape of your choice I used up 2 rolls of black washi tape to complete 3 doors on 1 side each. - Scissors See the full video tutorial at my site www.artsandclassy.com.

• Washi tape  (Walmart)

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Meredith Schneider

• Jack Day
    Jack Day

I love this but I have a question. Doesn't the Washi tape, come off after a while? Did you need to Modge podge it to stay onto the door?