Donna Hull
Donna Hull
  • Gloucester, VA
Asked on Apr 27, 2013

Grapevine Crafts

Elizabeth hemstreetPatricia LinnFrances

Hi-I would like to know if some of you can share some ideas with me for doing something with my grapevine pieces I have clipped. I've seen wreaths, swags, trellises, and even a small trash pail. Have you any homemade how-to's for my grapevines?? Thanks! Donna
  • Frances

I don't know except for maybe a small basket. It's funny that you aked me this. When I was a youngster in PA my foster aunt had a grape arbor built in our back yard. It had 3 posts on each side and 3 vines on each side, all differnt kinds of grapes. That was my playhouse.I haven't thought about that in many years. That doesn't help you with your question, though. I'll give this some thought and get back to you if the "light bulb" comes on suddenly. Thanks for the memory.

• Patricia Linn

Years ago, I was given as a departure gift, a very nice unusual "grapevine wreath". It was more of a "spray" designed to be hung horizontally. It was approximately 3 1/2 to 4 feet wide, with different lengths of straight vines, attached together in the middle with dried flowers and ribbons glued/tied where the vines were attached together. It really was pretty and was a nice alternative to the common round wreath. I hope I've described it well enough for you to get an idea. Sorry no pics.

• Elizabeth hemstreet

go to pinterest and enter grapevine wreath or just google grapevine wreath