Jamala W
Jamala W
  • Whitmire, SC
Asked on Apr 27, 2013

Any suggestions?

Dee DeeMyrna EngleCharlotte Belange
+12

I have this litle "whatchamacallit" and don't know what to do with ..I don't know what to do with it nor is my thinking cap working.. any suggestions or ideas.. or should i just trash it?
any suggestions, painted furniture
  • R.V.R. Farris

Is the entire base some type of metal? A couple more pictures from different angles could be helpful. I wouldn't throw it away just yet.

• How tall is it? I agree, don't throw it away.

• Jamala W

I'll take a few more pics.. It's not that tall at all..about 36 inches tall

• Cora

make a foe fireplace out of it for out side or inside with plants sitting in it took another look seen it was metal i would make water feature or a planter,as a potting table put in a plastic tub and easy empty of loose dirt

• Pamela F

Make a garden sink.

• Theda Hack

Standing Herb garden? Extra table for next to the grill.....serving table on wheels.....yes please post more photos so we can see the "whole" picture.

• Jeanette S

Oh My! I see a perfect 2-tier flower stand! It seems that there are "spacers" in the back corners and a a ledge at the front so you could put in a wooden shelf. Scrub it up, wire brush it to get rid of the rust, spray it with rustoleum then paint it a bright color, different colors for the pots and then another color for the flowers! It would be beautiful at the front door or on a porch.

• Homeroad

I would clean it up, paint it and make some kind of bar cart out of it if it is tall enough. You could hang racks for hanging glasses under the top shelf and add a shelf on the bottom for bottles...

• Chris aka monkey

way too cute to throw away side table painted,plant stand,etc put somewhere and all of a sudden it will hit you with an oh yeah perfect lol xx

• You could use it as a little potting table if you like to tinker in the garden:)

• Jamala W

thank you all for your feedback.. Great suggestions.. I'll continue to play around with it..will kee you posted on what I come up with.

• Gail Salminen

@Jamala W I think you need to decide if you want to use it indoors or out. When I first saw it I thought it would make an awsome bar caddy - you could even roll it outdoors to the patio should there be a need. I could also see it being used as something in the garden like the sink, a potting table, or even as a plant stand with lots of colourful flowers and trailing plants. It could also be used as a sideboard/server by a table - would love it on the patio for this purpose. You will have to update us when you make up your mind.

• Charlotte Belange

the bottom part looks like an old typewriter table., look under the top to see if it is metal too. If you paint it sand the legs first unless you use metal paint. Good luck Char

• Myrna Engle

I think it was an old washtub stand. I'd just clean it up and polyurathane the fresh surface. Set an old galvanized container in it, plant flowers and roll your plants to the perfect light on a lovely summer deck. Variations in height of plants is always difficult. This would add a tier above.

• Dee Dee

It would make a great Herb garden. you could have it on the porch close to the kitchen if possible.