I Finally Got Tired of Having My Tools Scattered All Over My Garage

I finally got tired of having all my tools scattered all over my garage and decided to build 4 cabinets to hold it all (well, almost all). They are on casters so I can roll them around when needed, but you must roll them out to open them up.
Cabinets closed
Cabinets open. Hard to tell on these photos but cabinet opens to reveal 3 storage areas. Each outside door is pegboard on top and shelves at the bottom. Center unit is walled up half way with places to hang on each side and above center divider is shelving.
Close-up of one side and the center unit. all three are hinged with piano hinge on back and caster on the base for moving around.
This is a close-up of rabbeted edge. Notice how the plywood side sets inside the slot cut from the 3/4" plywood. Both side and plywood edges are flush. If you choose not to do this the plywood side will attach over edges of plywood
This is a side and back view of 3-section cabinet. Piano hinges attach the sections. I use sides for hanging T-square and cutting guides, and hinged shelf holds sandpaper when folded up and latched.

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Dennis Lloyd
    Dennis Lloyd

What's the load rating for the casters?

• Shannon Moloney
      Shannon Moloney

Actually looks like the castors are larger than you would need. But very cool design

• Trish
    Trish

how do I get a copy of the plan. Want to surprise my husband for 31st anniversary and when he comes back home from deployment.
  • Danielle
    Danielle

Is there plans to this I so want to build this

• Kenda Wheeler
    Kenda Wheeler

This is great for storage; but also, great for someone who is always moving things around.

• Happy Days Hometalker
    Happy Days Hometalker

This has to be the best storage solution ever, I would love this for my garage and for my crafting " stuff". Fantastic !