I Finally Got Tired of Having My Tools Scattered All Over My Garage

I finally got tired of having all my tools scattered all over my garage and decided to build 4 cabinets to hold it all (well, almost all). They are on casters so I can roll them around when needed, but you must roll them out to open them up.
Cabinets closed
Cabinets open. Hard to tell on these photos but cabinet opens to reveal 3 storage areas. Each outside door is pegboard on top and shelves at the bottom. Center unit is walled up half way with places to hang on each side and above center divider is shelving.
Close-up of one side and the center unit. all three are hinged with piano hinge on back and caster on the base for moving around.
This is a close-up of rabbeted edge. Notice how the plywood side sets inside the slot cut from the 3/4" plywood. Both side and plywood edges are flush. If you choose not to do this the plywood side will attach over edges of plywood
This is a side and back view of 3-section cabinet. Piano hinges attach the sections. I use sides for hanging T-square and cutting guides, and hinged shelf holds sandpaper when folded up and latched.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 7 questions
  • Trish Trish on Feb 17, 2018
    how do I get a copy of the plan. Want to surprise my husband for 31st anniversary and when he comes back home from deployment.
  • Danielle Danielle on Jun 03, 2019

Is there plans to this I so want to build this

• Ron Santangelo Ron Santangelo on Feb 13, 2021

How do I buy a pre-built unit

Comments

2 of 126 comments
  • Kenda Wheeler Kenda Wheeler on May 18, 2018

This is great for storage; but also, great for someone who is always moving things around.

• Happy Days Hometalker Happy Days Hometalker on Dec 02, 2018

This has to be the best storage solution ever, I would love this for my garage and for my crafting " stuff". Fantastic !

Next