Do You Have a Pencil...Create a Shiplap Wall!

So here's the deal...we have this great cottage up north that I am itching to remodel. However, since we really aren't ready to do anything crazy at this point, and because I am very impatient, I decided to attack one wall in the kitchen this past Saturday and I added Shiplap...with a Pencil!
Yes, it's cheating, but guess what, it didn't cost me dime and that is the best part!! You guys, really, it looks awesome! Do a little measuring, use a level, sharpen your pencil a few times and have fun. The trick is to thicken and shade your lines a little to make it look like you have gaps.
Yes, I confess, I am one of how many that have jumped on the Shiplap bandwagon and I LOVE it! Between our home in town and cottage up north, I fear there is going to be a lot of Joanna Gaines inspired walls being added throughout both homes.
I will be completing the rest of the kitchen but as I stated earlier, I am impatient-in other words, I couldn't wait to share this with you. So sharpen a pencil or two and add a little Shiplap to your home, you will love the end result.
*Note: paint sealer over your lines to protect from being rubbed or erased.