DIY Rotating Cooking Utensil Storage Rack

$5

My kitchen has been in serious need of some organizational help.

Click HERE to see all of my DIY kitchen de-cluttering organization projects.

I love to cook and am on a mission to make it easier to store and find my kitchen supplies.

This week I tackled all of the cooking utensils that used to get jammed in a drawer or in the jar I kept on the counter. I wanted something that was easy to get at but didn't take up a lot of counter space.

Then I saw this great idea on pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/396246467185635146/ in case you want to see the original) where they had de-constructed a lazy susan to make a rotating, hanging storage rack...and I thought it was the perfect solution!

I bought the lazy susan hardware (very inexpensive)!

Then cut a piece of melamine.

Since it was going under my kitchen cabinets (where it can't be seen), I didn't really care if it was round or real wood which made the construction process much easier (If you use a round piece of wood, you have to drill holes in it right above the holes in the lazy susan hardware in order to attach it to the bottom of the cabinet).

Attach the lazy susan hardware to the square piece of melamine.

Add some hooks. Then hang it under the cabinet.

Now I have all kinds of easy-to-access cooking utensil storage that is right by the stove and doesn't take up space on the counter top...which also makes the counter top much easier to clean (an added bonus). Even better...the whole project cost less than $10 and took less than an hour to put together.

Because of the overhang on my cabinets, you can't see the lazy susan hardware at all.

Click HERE for more details on how to make this kitchen utensil storage rack.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Wanda @ From House To Home

• Vicki
    Vicki

Couldn't you just use an old lazy Susan and attach it to a piece of wood? Then attach all to the cabinet?

• Patricia
      Patricia

If you rent, you might try an shower rod with larger hooks. Then you don't have to worry about filling in holes when you move out. You can get it tight enough to hold the weight of the utensils.

• Wendy
    Wendy

Bathroom remodel

• Rosie
    Rosie

Do you have an easy inexpensive way to hang jewelry?

• Jaclyn
      Jaclyn

Yes, I bought the small clear command hooks and put them inside the bathroom closets and hung all my necklaces, earrings. My bathroom apartment has lots of cabinets and for the bottom doors to your bathroom sink I put some commando clear containers to the inside of the doors and put my nail polish to hold. It’s great because no holes to drill and if you decide to move out of your lease apartment easy to remove and no damage.