DIY Rotating Cooking Utensil Storage Rack

$5

My kitchen has been in serious need of some organizational help. I love to cook and am on a mission to make it easier to store and find my kitchen supplies.
diy rotating cooking utensil storage rack, diy, kitchen design, organizing, storage ideas, woodworking projects
This week I tackled all of the cooking utensils that used to get jammed in a drawer or in the jar I kept on the counter. I wanted something that was easy to get at but didn't take up a lot of counter space.
Then I saw this great idea on pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/396246467185635146/ in case you want to see the original) where they had de-constructed a lazy susan to make a rotating, hanging storage rack...and I thought it was the perfect solution!
I bought the lazy susan hardware (very inexpensive)!
Then cut a piece of melamine. Since it was going under my kitchen cabinets, I didn't really care if it was round or real wood which made the construction process much easier (If you use a round piece of wood, you have to drill holes in it right above the holes in the lazy susan hardware in order to attach it to the bottom of the cabinet).
Attach the lazy susan hardware to the square piece of melamine.
Add some hooks.
Hang it under the cabinet using 1/2" screws.
Now I have all kinds of easy-to-access cooking utensil storage that is right by the stove and doesn't take up space on the counter top...which also makes the counter top much easier to clean (an added bonus). Even better...the whole project cost less than $10 and took less than an hour to put together.
Update: Because of the overhang on my cabinets, you can't see the lazy susan hardware at all. For more details (and links to some of my other DIY kitchen organization projects), click the link below.
Wanda @ From House To Home

• Betty

This looks good but how would you keep the cat hair that is always flying around, no matter how much you clean, from collecting on the utensils?

• Wen8140698

Bathroom remodel

• Rosie

Do you have an easy inexpensive way to hang jewelry?

• Great idea but put in a cabinet!

• I like your idea! No crock to collect dust inside, and, you can quickly get the utensil you need! There is space for your napkins, laying flat below the utensils, and, you can put your salt and pepper mills off to the side! I would probably paint the edges or use a colorful Washi tape in your kitchen colors! Super creativity!