DIY Rotating Cooking Utensil Storage Rack

$5

My kitchen has been in serious need of some organizational help.

Click HERE to see all of my DIY kitchen de-cluttering organization projects.

I love to cook and am on a mission to make it easier to store and find my kitchen supplies.

This week I tackled all of the cooking utensils that used to get jammed in a drawer or in the jar I kept on the counter. I wanted something that was easy to get at but didn't take up a lot of counter space.

Then I saw this great idea on pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/396246467185635146/ in case you want to see the original) where they had de-constructed a lazy susan to make a rotating, hanging storage rack...and I thought it was the perfect solution!

I bought the lazy susan hardware (very inexpensive)!

Then cut a piece of melamine.

Since it was going under my kitchen cabinets (where it can't be seen), I didn't really care if it was round or real wood which made the construction process much easier (If you use a round piece of wood, you have to drill holes in it right above the holes in the lazy susan hardware in order to attach it to the bottom of the cabinet).

Attach the lazy susan hardware to the square piece of melamine.

Add some hooks. Then hang it under the cabinet.

Now I have all kinds of easy-to-access cooking utensil storage that is right by the stove and doesn't take up space on the counter top...which also makes the counter top much easier to clean (an added bonus). Even better...the whole project cost less than $10 and took less than an hour to put together.

Because of the overhang on my cabinets, you can't see the lazy susan hardware at all.

Click HERE for more details on how to make this kitchen utensil storage rack.

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Wanda @ From House To Home

• Vicki

Couldn't you just use an old lazy Susan and attach it to a piece of wood? Then attach all to the cabinet?

• Patricia

If you rent, you might try an shower rod with larger hooks. Then you don't have to worry about filling in holes when you move out. You can get it tight enough to hold the weight of the utensils.

• Wendy

Bathroom remodel

• Rosie

Do you have an easy inexpensive way to hang jewelry?

• Grandma D

I have a narrow section of wall in my closet. Since it is next to the closet door, I can't really use it for much of anything. So, I took command hooks and made Rows using a command hook on each side of the wall. Then I put short and inexpensive tension rods across the wall. I made four rows, and then put the jewelry over the rods. Everything is easily visible and reachable. There is one disadvantage, however. If you have pets, you have to keep them out of the closet. Especially cats.

• WardJoyce Jones

Love this, just ordered supplies to do this next week!! Thanks

• Cattywumps

I would love this at several places. It could be used on a closet shelf for necklaces , scarves, even small bags.