Teresa F
Teresa F
  • Montgomery, AL

No Mirror? No Problem! Repurposed antique vanity.

I came upon a sweet antique vanity but it had no mirror. No problem, I had other plans for it. We shortened the frame and cut a piece of beadboard to fit. I added a cute furniture applique and painted it all with Miss Mustard Seed's Linen Milk Paint. See the entire post on my blog http://magazineyourhome.blogspot.com/2013/04/no-mirror-no-problem.html
The original framed part was twice as tall. I cut about 6 inches off. I wanted it to look like a cute piece of furniture and not so much like a vanity since it was going in my dining room.
I cut this piece of beadboard to fit in the frame and added a basket of posies applique. It was painted with Miss Mustard Seed Linen Milk Paint.
Here's the completed look. I had fun accessorizing it.
I also added some glass knobs to pretty her up a bit.

• Marcela Pena

Great idea and great solution!

• Penny

just beautiful! i have always wanted a vanity like that....if i ever come across one, i'm going to grab it...you did a fabulous job!