Installing pavers over your existing patio is a great way to change the look of your outdoor space.

these were set directly on top of the existing concrete and the joints were filled with a poly/ sand product.
installing pavers over your existing patio is a great way to change the look of your, concrete masonry, patio

• The project is done well for the conditions and budget. With that said there is information available for installing concrete pavers properly on the website www.IPCI.org (paver industry website). My 2 cents would be to punch a few holes in the existing concrete slab, fill with 3/4" clean crushed gravel (for drainage) cover slab with geotextile (to prevent sand from washing into gravel) and install pavers with polymeric sand as @Surrounding Landscapes Inc. has done. All good tips from our experts above as well! Using polymeric sand prevents 97% of water from penetrating, so proper pitch to all water to run off is important.

• Katie Anderson

I really like the way that this pavement looks over the already existing patio. My husband and I are redoing our backyard right now and have been looking at ideas like this that would raise the value of our home. We will have to talk with a landscaper and see if this is possible in our backyard. http://kandrlandscaping.com/hardscapes/