Sow and Dipity
Sow and Dipity
  • Canada
Asked on Apr 29, 2013

Should the Pink Tulips stay or Go?

Ter603045JoyceIsamenton
+20

I had planned that those pink tulips were supposed to show halfway through the Daffodils and the start of the grape hyacinths... but timing can be tough when you buy bulbs that just say 'early', lol...
SO... should they be clipped and stuffed into a vases to be enjoyed indoors... or should I leave them alone?
Should the pink tulips stay or go?
Should the pink tulips stay or go?
  • Carroll A

I love all the color! I would leave them.

• Dana Pledger

I'd keep them. I love the way the light pink helps balance out and frame the hotter colors. It makes a great mix.

• Gail Salminen

@Shelley @ Sow and Dipity I agree with the others leave them in the garden. They are evenly dispersed across the garden, it looks great. It sort of reminds me of a Monet painting. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

• Jeanette S

I see absolutely nothing out of balance here! Lovely! keep them!

Don't you hate it when you have one idea and the plants have another?!

• Miriam I

I would leave them, too. Love them!

• Susan

I love the arrangement of color!

• Deb B

the pink are pretty but u could always send me the bulbs not really i think they look fine

• Annette Coffey

It is SO pretty the way it looks. You'll just have to go outside to enjoy them. :) Have a chair you could put outside and enjoy them from?

• Deborah Thunell

I absolutely agree with the others. Leave them and enjoy the beauty. You did a great job planting them and nature provided the rest. Beautiful!!!!!

• Lisa A

i would leave them and enjoy them longer ,, i just cant see killing a beautiful flower to bring it inside when everyone can enjoy them outside

• All Things Heart and Home

I'd leave them and go buy yourself some tulips at the market!!! xoxo They are so beautiful!

• Sheila R

I would do BOTH! Enjoy inside and out! Why make a either or choice!

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim

I'm different than everyone else. My sense of color seems to take away from the beauty of the pink tulips with the other colors so much more vibrant hued. I would probably cut them and make a wonderful arrangement and possibly transplant them where they would be a shining star instead of almost lost in a sea of color. Of course I LOVE pink...so I am biased! But the haphazard cottage look is good too.....

• Alderberry Hill

I have a hard time cutting the flowers in my garden so I would have to say stay!

• Patricia Laursen

I would let them stay. In nature colors are not chosen specifically and everything is perfect together. I love a pop of color and if you really can't stand it, enjoy a vase of fresh cut tulips in the house.

• Levana Condon

I like to have my cake and eat it too...sooo...I'd do both, leave some in the garden and cut some to put in vases.

• Patricia W

Oh my goodness! Stay! I love mixes of color, shake it up I always say!

• Cindy Burns

I would have to leave them outside. I am allergic to Tulips, my favorite flower, so that would be the reason I would leave them outside.

• Debbi Reeves

1/2 and 1/2 - LOVE LOVE LOVE tulips!

• Isamenton

I would leave them. This is a really beautiful spring combination. I planted this terrific one last fall - for early spring: https://www.jardins-sans-secret.com/detail/3335/Beautiful-Irresistible.html And I planted this other one for late spring blooms: https://www.jardins-sans-secret.com/detail/3332/Ballade-amp-West-point.html Awaiting the results :)

• Joyce

Leave them! They're gorgeous, and they fit so well with your other flowers!

• Ter603045

Leave them.