DIY Storage Bins for Your Pantry!

Ever find yourself in need of more storage? Ha! What a silly question – right?!?
I have found a way to add a simple storage solution and I am excited to share it with you today.
How sleek do these look?!? The before was awful. Reusable bags, lunch boxes, boxes of paper goods and utensils were stacked underneath. It was a fine place to store such items except they never seemed to stay in place. Oh no, they would somehow creep into the middle of the pantry room floor… all by themselves. They would not be tamed. So what to do? Corral the little buggers.
Storage bins had to be the answer. Who has time to put everything neatly under the shelves 12 times a day? Contrary to popular belief… not me. With the help of a sheet of MDF board, a few wheels, hardware and a bit of paint – I now have a solution that makes us all very happy.
This is a quick weekend project – pinky promise. My space was only 12 inches deep and I wanted my bins to be flush with the bottom shelf (what I wanted and what I got are two different things, nothing is truly level in a house after it has settled a bit. So my perfectly made bins are not completely flush but no biggie. They still look awesome and do the job just fine. Take that perfectionism.)
I got super technical figuring out how long the cabinet pulls needed to be (and if you believe that- I have a bridge to sell you). Yep… here is my brilliant method, I decided I wanted 4 inches to be left on each side of the bin. I took the width of the bin and subtracted 8 inches. Then I went on Amazon and found pulls that came close. The back bin was shorter than the other two and this method worked well and saved me a few brain cells ( I need to hold on to as many as possible).
Final step was to paint the bins. MDF made for a smooth finish but you can use plywood if you rather.
These are mighty big small bins let me tell you. Take a look…
Since installing the bins, the pantry floor has been very easy to keep up and we have not had one escapee. Amazing how a little solution can equal big results and controlled clutter.
Till Later,
Joy

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Joy

• Valerie

They look fabulous. I was hoping to find instructions on how you made them - are the instructions available?

• Jeanette Boyd Summerford

THE MORE DOESNT GIVE YOU INSTRUCTION BUT YOU ARE BASICALLY BUILDING A BOX WITH NO TOP CUT YOUR BOTTOM BOARD THEN CUT AND ATTACH EACH SIDE PEICE THEN DO THE SAME FOR YOU FRONT AND BACK.IF YOU DO FRONT AND BACK LAST YOU WONT HAVE A SEAM ON THE FRONT JUST A SOLID PEICE OF WOOD . HOPE THIS HELPS .IM NOT THE BUILDER BUT THIS IS HOW I WOULD DO IT . OH USE WOOD GLUE AND FINISHING NAILS.

• Pamela Cobbs

OMG AWESOME!

• Linda Abate

Love these drawers. A great way to be able to store just about anything. I can see these drawers being partitioned off on the inside for storing various size baking pans, etc. Such a great idea.