Restored Beach Cottage Bathroom

When I left my little cottage on October 29th, 2012 I was certainly nervous, but hopeful that I would be able to return in a few days. Hurricane Sandy was a huge and scary monster storm heading for the Jersey Shore, and I had only owned my home for a year, and had spent the past year making improvements. This area is prone to minor flooding, but a flood had never before hit my house, which was built in
Cozy and functional with warm feel.
Cozy and functional with warm feel.
This old dresser has been converted to a vanity. It was my first selection for the bath, and all other materials were selected to compliment the color and style-vintage cottage in a soft green shabby finish.
A glass paned door with a stretch panel replaces the original, and a vintage ladder functions as a towel bar.
BEFORE- this bath with it's awkward layout was not a room to brag about.
this is what I faced when returning to my home.Two feet of muddy flood water does not leave much that is salvageable. Only the toilet was reusable!
Kathleen M