Restored Beach Cottage Bathroom

When I left my little cottage on October 29th, 2012 I was certainly nervous, but hopeful that I would be able to return in a few days. Hurricane Sandy was a huge and scary monster storm heading for the Jersey Shore, and I had only owned my home for a year, and had spent the past year making improvements. This area is prone to minor flooding, but a flood had never before hit my house, which was built in 1942. On October 1st I paddled down my street in a kayak for the first look at the damage, and was devastated to see the mud and destruction inside my much loved home. Five months later I was able to move back in, and am not only ready to call it "restored", it has been greatly improved. The bathroom is much better than it ever was! With some rearranging of the lay out, and replacement of the original small shallow tub with a nice 60" long deep tub it is just so much more comfortable...not to mention cuter!
Cozy and functional with warm feel.
This old dresser has been converted to a vanity. It was my first selection for the bath, and all other materials were selected to compliment the color and style-vintage cottage in a soft green shabby finish.
A glass paned door with a stretch panel replaces the original, and a vintage ladder functions as a towel bar.
BEFORE- this bath with it's awkward layout was not a room to brag about.
this is what I faced when returning to my home.Two feet of muddy flood water does not leave much that is salvageable. Only the toilet was reusable!

Kathleen M