Angie@Slipcovered Grey
Angie@Slipcovered Grey
  • Phoenix, AZ

An Upholstered Chair That Has a Story To Tell

I reupholstered my grandparent's chair. I was hoping to find a treasure under the original upholstery, but didn't find a thing. That's when I decided to write my grandparent's story underneath the upholstery. This will give the next person who reupholsters the chair some history about who owned it and a glimpse into their lives. It won't just be an ordinary chair, it will be a chair with a story to tell.
See more at http://www.slipcoveredgrey.com/2013/04/whats-underneath-your-upholstered-seat.html
This was my grandparent's vintage chair.  The fabric was outdated, so I decided to reupholster it.
This was my grandparent's vintage chair. The fabric was outdated, so I decided to reupholster it.
This chair now has a story to tell.
This chair now has a story to tell.
With a distressed finish and flat welting.
Sharing history underneath the upholstery is exciting and hopefully someone will see it in the future and treasure it.
What's underneath your upholstered seat?
Angie@Slipcovered Grey

• Heather

What a great idea for future generations, and tribute to your grand parents.I read this with a lump in my throat and teary eyes. Beautiful.

• Robin Page

Love it so much - you could have left it exposed! looks good either way! And depending how the next person redoes it, they may never see the treasure that it is!