Sweet Salvaged Medicine Cabinet

Building Hawk's Creek's Market Barn
is a re-purposing delight. We buy architectural salvage and try to use every bit of cast offs to give the Barn great chippy flavor. We are using an old and much used medicine cabinet for a display piece in a hallway area. It fit perfectly into the frame of a small wall.
CHUNKY CHIPPY
Besides being very dirty it did not have much outside color or interest.
GLORIOUS GLAZE
I first sanded and cleaned it then glazed it with a soft antique green. On top if this I added a pewter glaze. I wanted it to maintain the very worn look but with a more interesting exterior.
CHALK IT UP
I used chalkboard paint on the damaged mirror. It looks great and gives this small space, which is covered in painted chippy antique ship lap, even more character.
PRETTY IN PINK.
The inside was already painted a cool funky pink. It will be a wonderful backdrop to display smalls. Now on to the next project... There are sooo many.. But sooo lovin' this to to do list:-))

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Zee

1 comment