2 Little Superheroes
2 Little Superheroes
  • Raleigh, NC

Use Reusable Grocery Bags to Grow Potatoes

When I discovered that the potato grow bags cost $20 each I decided to try using my old reusable grocery bags to grow my potatoes in this year. Add 3" of soil to bottom, add potatoes eye side up, cover with additional 4" of soil. Once plant is 8" high add more soil. Keep adding soil until bag is full. Once plant starts to die and wilt, stop watering. Wait a couple of weeks and dump bag out. Harvest your home grown potatoes.
Materials needed, soil, potatoes, and reusable bags.
Cut up potatoes and let sit out for 2 days (this prevents disease once planted).
Place potatoes eye side up.
Place potatoes eye side up.
Cover with soil
Cover with soil
Roll down sides to allow sun and rain to reach potatoes.
use reusable grocery bags to grow potatoes, gardening
2 Little Superheroes

• Win

Can I just use any reuse able shopping bag? Or I have to buy specific bland. Is there harmful chemical in the bag?

• Lori Heinemann Walker

Do you know if polypropylene bags are safe to use as grow bags? Worried about chemicals leaching into the soil.

• But4710380

LARRY HALL ON YOU TUBE IS EXPERT AT THIS///AMAZING RESULTS

• Melony Smith

I have done with old plant pots and grew so many that I had to give away, I am going to try my old cat food and dog food plasticy bags next