Easy DIY Wood Plaque Picture Frames

I'm part of a group that does a challenge each month, which revolves around a particular craft supply or item. This month it was metallic paint. So shiny! I used metallic paint to help create these adorable DIY picture frames (which could also be used to hold notes or small printables)!
easy diy wood plaque picture frames, crafts, decoupage, how to
These could not be easier to make! Start off with one of the most basic and inexpensive craft supplies around - unfinished wooden plaques.
Paint the edges of the plaques. Here's where I used gorgeous shades of metallic paints. You can see the exact paints used right here: http://www.averageinspired.com/2016/02/diy-wood-plaque-picture-frames-monthly-diy-challenge.html
Use Mod Podge to apply colorful scrapbook paper to the plaques.
Glue metal clips to the plaques so that you can display photos on them!
Display your cute new frames and enjoy!
For more information on this project, a complete supply list (including exact materials used and tips on how to attach the metal clips), and eight other fabulous metallic paint projects, please visit my blog at the link below. Thank you!
Bre @ Average But Inspired

• Dee Toomey

How do you deal with the odd angle to screw on the clips?

• Dee Toomey

Oops..I saw on your site that they are glued on and not screwed on.

• Trudy

My prediction is that glue will not hold them permanently. You can deal with the weird angle by holding (or gluing) them in place, place your drill bit through the hole in the clip and it drill the hole in the right angle into the wood.

• Jeani Miller Miner

if you use a good epoxy like E6000 they will hold forever!

• Marcia Bleier-Kitten

Can these be used as drink coasters? Or will the moisture and wetness ruin them?

• Pat whitmus

Spray on several coats of verathane to seal the paper. It will not leak thru to the paper.

• Marcia Bleier-Kitten

Thanks Pat

• Hi! So sorry for the delayed response! I use TOTALLY strong glue that is my absolute favorite! It is amazing. Bonds practically anything. Link to the specific product is in the blog post.

• Helena

won't the clip come off when you press down to insert a photo or a memo?

• 861650

Use a nail.

• Hi, Helena! No - it doesn't come off. I use a SUPER strong glue that bonds just about anything and it does not budge. I've made so many of these over the years and have never had a problem with the clip coming off.

• Linda H10

Bre, what's the name of the glue you use—Gorilla Glue?

• Linda H10

I like the idea of a recipe holder!

• Carey

I would have also painted the clip with gold, silver or matching metallic paint.
    Great project, I really like it! Thanks for sharing.