What My Windows are Wearing

$50.00

We used leftover materials from our kitchen renovation projects to construct pelmet boxes and covered them in a bold black and white patterned fabric. I had enough fabric to cover two black barstools from Ikea and bring more of the same pattern into the center of the kitchen.
This small box was constructed with leftover beadboard from the cabinet project.
The large window box was constructed with mdf to make sure it was sturdy enough and would not sag in the middle.
DIY Black and white fabric window treatment over our large kitchen sliding door
Another view of our DIY kitchen window treatment
I loved the fabric so much that I used it in three places in our kitchen!
Kate Griffin | Eating in the Shower Blog

• Deborah G.

Hey Kate, I'm not really a fan of black and white, but you may have just changed my mind!!! KUDDOS to your hubby for such a great job on the cabinets too! I guess for me, it the pop of red that makes me love your kitchen. Great job.

• This combination of colors really looks awesome, hope we can utilize the unused good into something useful & colorful from decoration point of view.