Toy Storage Crate

2.59M Views
If you have a Disney fan in your home, odds are you know what these super cute little toys are. If you don't, you still may have seen them! These cute little collectable Tsum Tsum toys are all the rage for Disney fans these days, and my girls have quite the collection. They are always all over the house, I needed a way to store them.
Difficulty: Easy
  • toy storage crate, diy, organizing, painted furniture, storage ideas, woodworking projects
I decided to make them a cute little Hotel! This crate storage would work for a lot of different small toys not just the Tsum Tsums.
I used a large rustic crate and a table top sign I got from WalnutHollow.com
Lightly sand the wood to remove any splinter parts.
Paint the crate, and the sign in a bright color. I used an off white on the inside of the crate, and a pretty yellow on the outside.
Use a handsaw to cut 3" diameter pvc pipe into 4" segments, and glue them into your crate with construction grade power grab glue.
Then you can add fun colors to the ends of the pipes to brighten up your happy storage crate.
Add fun details to your table top sign and glue the sign onto the top of the crate with the same glue.
Super adorable storage for your super adorable Tsum Tsum collection. But so versatile you could store any kind of small toy the same way! If you have too many to fit in just one crate, get two and stack them! So many options!
To see more information and a full supply list, visit the blog link below!

Suggested materials for this project:

Kelli @CraftShackChronicles