Natural oven cleaner

+12
What is a good thing to use as a natural oven cleaner? I have birds in the house, and I worry about the fumes of commercial oven cleaners, not to mention the environmental impact! Thanks to all of the clever people in this group!
q natural oven cleaner, appliances, cleaning tips, house cleaning
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 15, 2016
    Make a paste of baking soda and water. Leave on for an hour or so and wipe off. With this you can also use Mr Clean magic eraser for any light scrubbing you need to do.

• I use my Dawn Platinum dishwashing liquid. I take a wet spong or rag and rub til it turns white and a bit sudsy and leave it sit for about 15 minutes go back and work the Dawn in some more maybe adding a drop or two and work it. Leave and do something else. I clean my ovens this way. It works for me 95% of the time

• Darlene Williams Darlene Williams on Feb 16, 2016
    you would be surprised to hear this but a wet magic eraser works wonders in there too!!!

• Darla Darla on Feb 16, 2016
    Another thing you can do is leave a pan of water in the oven and heat it up until the water boils. Then turn off the heat and let it sit for an hour or so. The steam will help loosen baked on crud, and after it cools you can use one of the above cleaning methods. Of course, use an oven-safe pan!

• Amber Amber on Feb 16, 2016
    I use white vinegar and baking soda.... let sit 5 mins ,scrub then wipe out with sponge and water.

• Victoria Howard Victoria Howard on Feb 16, 2016
    Very helpful ladies all!

• Marlene Lexie Springer Marlene Lexie Springer on Feb 16, 2016
    I am going to clean my oven tomorrow. I will write as soon as i see which one i used......

• JOHNNY JOHNNY on Feb 18, 2016
    WHITE VINAGER, JUST PLACE A CUP IN THE MICROWAVE OR THE OVEN, USE APPROPIATE CONTAINER AND HEAT. MICROWAVE 3-4 MINUTES, OVEN DEPENDING ALMOST TO A BOIL, AND WIPE CLEAN. MAY TAKE REPEATED ATTEMPTS DEPENDS ON SEVERITY OF GREASE

• Victoria Howard Victoria Howard on Mar 05, 2016
      @JOHNNY I use hot water like that, for steam cleaning my microwave. I am talking about a regular range/oven/stove. But thanks!

• Allinthefamilysingers Allinthefamilysingers on Apr 10, 2016
    some people have luck with mr clean erasers. good luck dhall