Asked on Feb 15, 2016

Natural oven cleaner

AllinthefamilysingersJOHNNYMarlene Lexie Springer
+12

What is a good thing to use as a natural oven cleaner? I have birds in the house, and I worry about the fumes of commercial oven cleaners, not to mention the environmental impact! Thanks to all of the clever people in this group!
    Janet Pizaro

Make a paste of baking soda and water. Leave on for an hour or so and wipe off. With this you can also use Mr Clean magic eraser for any light scrubbing you need to do.

• I use my Dawn Platinum dishwashing liquid. I take a wet spong or rag and rub til it turns white and a bit sudsy and leave it sit for about 15 minutes go back and work the Dawn in some more maybe adding a drop or two and work it. Leave and do something else. I clean my ovens this way. It works for me 95% of the time

• Darlene Williams
    Darlene Williams

you would be surprised to hear this but a wet magic eraser works wonders in there too!!!

• Darla
    Darla

Another thing you can do is leave a pan of water in the oven and heat it up until the water boils. Then turn off the heat and let it sit for an hour or so. The steam will help loosen baked on crud, and after it cools you can use one of the above cleaning methods. Of course, use an oven-safe pan!

• Amber
    Amber

I use white vinegar and baking soda.... let sit 5 mins ,scrub then wipe out with sponge and water.

• Victoria Howard
    Victoria Howard

Very helpful ladies all!

• Marlene Lexie Springer
    Marlene Lexie Springer

I am going to clean my oven tomorrow. I will write as soon as i see which one i used......

• JOHNNY
    JOHNNY

WHITE VINAGER, JUST PLACE A CUP IN THE MICROWAVE OR THE OVEN, USE APPROPIATE CONTAINER AND HEAT. MICROWAVE 3-4 MINUTES, OVEN DEPENDING ALMOST TO A BOIL, AND WIPE CLEAN. MAY TAKE REPEATED ATTEMPTS DEPENDS ON SEVERITY OF GREASE

• Victoria Howard
      Victoria Howard

@JOHNNY I use hot water like that, for steam cleaning my microwave. I am talking about a regular range/oven/stove. But thanks!

• Allinthefamilysingers
    Allinthefamilysingers

some people have luck with mr clean erasers. good luck dhall