Floating Tea Cups

All that is needed is China tea cup and saucer, a fork, glue and variety of small silky flowers, little bit of bling like little coloured gems or pearls
floating tea cups, crafts, repurposing upcycling
Bend fork, and stick pronged end of fork tm saucer, then stick other end of fork to inside of cup. You need to make sure you bend your fork to balance the weight of the cup. Let glue dry.
Start to arrange and stick flowers amd gems to cover fork so it looks like flowers are cascading from cup. Ta da !
You can use a strong glue stick and gun or I have used Gorilla glue which seems more stronger to hold fork to cup
With easter coming you could add spring flowers amd painted eggs for am easter theme

• Jane C Johnson

I have tried every kind of glue there is in order to make this project! Does this only work if the cups are china?

• Kathy Neal Kuhar

I use sandpaper first to remove the glaze on the cup and plate. This really helps the glue hold.

I've found that hot glue seems to separate especially if you store the finished project in an attic. I am now using E6000 or Gorilla glue.

• Lou34441428

I have done this using E6000 glue, but you almost have to have a clamp to hold it together until the glue dries. Does anyone have a better idea especially about a type of clamp? I used a strong clothpin but it kept slipping. It is easier if the side of the cup is not curved too much. I used greenfloral tape to cover the fork and then covered it with small flowers or a string of pearls.

• L.J.

How do you balance it?

• Mary H Q Routt

Yes I have bought so much stuff to make these have cups and saucers but the glue sticks don't work and I bought forks and while bending they broke maybe I used to much strength lol please help. Women's conference coming up this would be great.

• Blessings312

Hi Mary! I use Dollar Tree forks and clear Gorilla glue. Hot glue didn’t work for me. I suggest gluing one piece at a time. Let the first piece fully dry. After gluing it and it’s off balance put the cup & saucer towards you and bend the cup carefully while securing the saucer . Hope this helps! If any other questions just reach out!

• Kathy Neal Kuhar

Sand the glaze off the areas to be glued first.