Copper Dipped Planter Pots

Every second Wednesday of each month my friends and I get together for a little blogging challenge that we like to call the For February our theme is metallic paint!
There is so much you can do with paint. Add in metallic and that just jazzes things up even more. I decided to try my hand at some copper dipped planter pots, because I had a few old terracotta pots laying around that looked like they could use some pizzaz. And also I just love me some copper.
First, I wiped down my pots to give them a clean slate. With painter's tape, I taped off the top rim of one pot and the bottom part of the other.
Next I sprayed the untaped area of the pots with copper paint.
Once that was dry enough to handle (2 hours) I removed the tape and placed new tape around where the copper paint edge was. I brushed the white chalk paint on the unpainted parts and let that dry for another couple of hours.
The last step was to fill my pots with pretty flowers and enjoy! These pretty darlings are white cyclamens.
I love the simplicity of this project!
You can find the full blog tutorial as well as many other inspiring DIY projects over on my blog, Little Red Brick House.

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Sarah Cook

• Rst3384433
    Rst3384433

Have you ever painted tires to make a project. If so what kind of paint did you use and what was the preparation before painting. I want to make a wishing well by reperposing tires.

• Yvonne
    Yvonne

What brand of copper paint did you use?