DIY Steel Wire Pergola - on the Cheap!

$80

I couldn't afford to make a nice wooden pergola, but wanted something to grow jasmine up - and provide us a little shade! Here is what I came up with..
diy steel wire pergola on the cheap, decks, diy, outdoor living
I used two wooden posts bought at the local hardware
Cemented them into the ground about one meter down (actually I didn't do this our local handyman did!)
Made a couple of notches - as you can see by dads diagram! to wrap the galvanized steel wire around the posts
Added two wall plates onto the side of the house for the wire and used 2 clips per fixing (one not pictured)
I used two tension turnbuckles on each side to get really good tension in the wire
Once the steel wire was up and round the outside, I strung heavy duty garden wire over the top for my jasmine to grow over (hopefully!)
And after a couple of months, here it is starting to grow over the wire!
I would usually put this on my usual blog, but I have started another blog about my gardening trials and triumphs (not so many of those unfortunately!) in case you are interested! http://desertnest.blogspot.ae/
Hayley@ TheDesertNestDubai