Mommy is coocoo
Mommy is coocoo
  • Oklahoma City, OK

Creating Eclectic (which is kind of coocoo) Style - Tips and Ideas

If you are a lover of neutrals we will probably need to sedate you this may not be your ideal space but... I hope you can appreciate the collected feel of this room and learn something helpful about how to put together a gorgeous space on a limited budget with a mix of new and used (hand-me-downs, roadside finds, craigslist, thrift store, estate sale, and garage sale) pieces. See my 5 Tips for creating an
Stenciled wall treatment with slipcovered chairs, hand-me-down coffee table and craigslist couch.
This post includes photos detailing where I got everything in this room from the roadside stool to the piano Pappy bought me when I was five.
A birds nest is the perfect juxtaposition to the hand-painted plate I brought home from Italy.  The glass top coffee table provides the perfect view to my colorful rug.
A birds nest is the perfect juxtaposition to the hand-painted plate I brought home from Italy. The glass top coffee table provides the perfect view to my colorful rug.
The view of the colorful room as you enter my front door.
I love a table full of pictures.  This antique table painted hot-pink is perfect for the corner.
I love a table full of pictures. This antique table painted hot-pink is perfect for the corner.
Very expensive fabric!  But these Chiang Mai Dragon pillows in aquamarine were a deal because I purchased them secondhand.
Very expensive fabric! But these Chiang Mai Dragon pillows in aquamarine were a deal because I purchased them secondhand.
Mommy is coocoo

• Mommy is coocoo

Thanks so much Jen R! I really appreciate it. People often tell me it is cozy.

• Kimberly Noelle

Thank you for posting this! I LOVE eclectic and color and patterns! I get tired of all the neutral styles I've been seeing alot of lately. This fun and eclectic and I love it!

• Mommy is coocoo

@Kimberly Noelle Thanks so much for saying this! You are a woman after my own heart. I am not into neutrals either. Give me some color!