Deb Foglia
Deb Foglia
  • Farmingdale, NJ

DIY Rustic Bathroom Shelves

There's nothing like getting your hands on a great piece of pallet wood. Back last spring the hubby and I had come across this pile of pallets on the side of the road with a sign FREE! You couldn't see two people hop out of their car quicker. So just about a year later the pallet wood came in handy.
diy rustic bathroom shelves, bathroom ideas, diy, rustic furniture, shelving ideas
I knew I wanted that touch of rustic in the powder room makeover so I used these two chunky pieces from the pallet and sanded them down. We decided to get some basic L brackets and and install them above the toilet.
We had a small hiccup when we realized we screwed into a PVC pipe. (BE CAREFUL with bathrooms and pipes behind walls). See how we fixed that error on my blog. Once that was fixed a few screws and we had our pallet wood shelf.
A few pretty bathroom accessories and the shelves felt complete. I was going for a french rustic feel so lavender soaps were a must.
I'm one step closer to having this powder room makeover finished. Next week I'm sharing the final touches, paint color, and a source list.
Deb Foglia