Easy DIY Painted Glitter Feathers - #diylikeaboss

$5

Want a quick, cheap and easy craft project then look no further. These beautiful painted glitter feathers are so easy to do. Simply change the colour of the paint you use to fit in with your seasonal décor.
Great to include in your Spring / Easter décor!
The basics needed for this project are acrylic paint, glitter and of course feathers!
In addition to the basic materials you will need newspaper, paintbrushes, plates for the glitter and an old comb or a toothbrush.
I used an additional acrylic pearl medium to give the iridescent sheen but this is totally optional.
You can also play with the shape of the feathers and the types of glitter you use to give more interesting shapes and textures to your feathers.
There are so many ways you can use these feathers in your home décor, have fun and see what you can come up with!

Sam Franklin

• Renae

Is there a way to separate the parts of the feathers that get stuck together during painting? I'd love to do this with some peacock feathers, but when I've tried it before, they got stuck and I couldn't get them to separate and look nice afterwards.

• Renae

Hi Sam, Thanks for answering my question. It does make sense, and I'll be using your technique on my feathers soon!

• Mar3520203

What a great project for my eight year old grand daughter when she visits, she would love to do this.

• Sam Franklin

@Margbreen Yes, I have made these a second time with my two daughters (6 & 8). They both really enjoyed it.

• Brownsugar

I've always heard that feathers carry bugs and disease. How do you disinfect or clean them