Faux Brick Wall

$0
1 Day

This paneling helped me give our dining room a fresh new look. The total project came in $8 *under* budget. Thrifty!

*BEFORE*

Panels are 4' x 8'. Our ceiling to floor height is 12'. Purchased at Home Depot for $26 per panel.

Hub screwed panel into studs then used finishing nails for extra security.

Caulked seams

Did some research and learned the mountain peak painting technique was the way to go to avoid it looking painted in blocks. Basically, that is just paining horizontal "peaks," letting that dry and then putting a coat of paint over the entire wall. This method gives the wall depth/character and draws your eye away from the panel seams. I used homemade chalk paint, otherwise this amount of store bought chalk paint would have cost a fortune (chalk paint "recipe" to follow).

Chalk paint recipe

Completed with chalk paint all over

Rubbed off some bricks with damp cloth to let "brick" color come through

New table and bench

Yard sale chairs (3 in all) chalk painted, distressed, recovered with $5 worth of Waverly fabric from Walmart.

End result (still need crown moulding). Rug from Walmart. Other 3 chairs gifted to me from my MIL (chalk painted and distressed). Had the window pane and "H" in the basement. Spray painted them black.

Table w/leaf in for add'l seating. The curtains are a $10 Walmart tablecloth that I cut in half. I was too lazy to break out my sewing machine so the cut edges were "stitched" and rod pockets created using Stitch Witchery (found in sewing/craft department).

Update: Christmas 2016

Thanksgiving 2018

January 2019

• Paneling  (Home Depot)
  • Plaster of Paris  (Home Depot)
  • Latex paint  (Home Depot)

• Brwa Ismail

Hi dear

I am trying to get is brick panel but I can't find it anywhere , I need information please

Thanks to everyone

• Ise73

I just want to say that you did a very nice job updating your space.

Thank you for sharing as well.

• E

Have any trouble with yellowing? I used a putty knife and roll-on wall texture for the mountain peek step, and once it dried it was yellow, especially in the grout lines. Scared to proceed with painting at this point as I wanted some brick to peek through so I didn't want to thick coat.