Create Your Own Decor With Thrifted Wall Art

Looking for a budget-friendly way to change up your decor? Head to the thrift store and be prepared to put on your visionary glasses to see potential in the cast-offs. I've taken these unwanted basket frames and given them a new look with a few basic materials and a little bit of time. Ready to get your makeover groove on? I've got all the details for you over on my blog - come see!
These two thrifted frames are stylin' now thanks to a bit of vision and DIY elbow grease.
Would you have purchased thesetwo seeing their potential? I knew that I could make them into perfect decor in just a few easy steps.
The first oval basket frame wasn't striking a cord with me in the natural finish, so I grabbed some stain and gave it a dark look.
For the center, I wanted to create unique wall art with a phrase and chose this one to add to the center. Using some scrap materials and my transfer method described on the blog, I had this done in no time at all.
The second was a gaudy mirror that needed some attention. I yanked off those old roses and lace, and removed the glue using the steps outlined on my blog.
Spray paint can be your best friend for baskets, and this was a quick and easy makeover. I added a bit of dimension to the inner ring with an accented color.
Collected finds remade into coordinating wall art can really create a statement in your home. Come on over to the blog to find out how to achieve this look yourself. You can do it! If you love these two pieces, you can find them in my shop.

Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces