Painted Plastic Easter Eggs #diylikeaboss

We all have a bag of plastic Easter eggs lying around! Go ahead and grab a few for this project. Then you just need a couple more supplies.
painted plastic easter eggs, chalk paint, crafts, easter decorations, seasonal holiday decor
First, I used a big foam brush to give the eggs a coat of chalk paint. Chalk paint is great because it sticks to anything! I loved this creamy white color.
Next, I used my foam brush to add a little Robin's Egg blue coloring. I was sure to wipe some off as I went to ensure I didn't give it full coverage.
To see how I got the brown speckles check out the instructions on the blog!

Heather Metzler

• Jeani Miller Miner

Do you think adding a layer of gesso or other medium would conceal the seams. I love this, but don't like being able to see the seams

• Carol

Also, it might be helpful to use an emery board or emery cloth to just sort of take the 'sharp' edges off.

• Diana Honc

I was thinking maybe put a layer of paper mache over the eggs so you wouldn't see the seam.

• Lisa House

Use a one ply napkin and watered down white glue...the color of the egg will show but they turn out beautifully. I did this with my Girl Scouts 20 yrs ago and I still use them for Easter decor.

• Madilyn

I just redecorated my office with a bird themed decor in those same colors! I wanted a few eggs to place on a shelf but at $7.99 each they were not in the budget. I can't wait to use your idea! Thanks

• Lisa House

Nicely done!