The Playhouse Project: Dressing It Up

We started off with the "gift" of a little playhouse (formerly the top of a wooden playground structure) - and have commenced Operation Playhouse Reno. I've painted it, and we've added a little seating area (with a bench for the dolls as well).
The playhouse is going to be one of my projects this summer, and I can't wait to make it an amazing little spot for the girls to play. I'm seeking out any other
Currently, this is how it stands.
Currently, this is how it stands.
It started as a slightly dilapidated shed-type thing (just needed a bit of love)
I've painted it and added some adirondack chairs.
There's a spot for the dolls to sit and chat.
We have a strange little sticky-outie piece of wood there - ideas for this? Or should I chop it?
Tara @ Suburble

• Cathy622

Why not attach a small solar lantern to it to have a "Porch light"? That is so cute.

• Aprilc

Oh my, that is too precious!! For that part that sticks out, I agree with @Cathy622 about a solar "porch light" or even get a cast iron bell (I've seen cute ones at Hobby Lobby) like an old fashioned school bell...that is, IF you want to hear it ring all the time. ;) I think some cute little flower boxes on the front rails would be cute too...or some actual flower beds dug into the ground with a little walkway leading up to the playhouse. (I'm living vicariously through you right now...we're planning the same type of project for our girls.) :)