Fairy Garden Outhouse

I saw a fairy garden outhouse online and immediately wanted to make my own version of a Fairy Garden Outhouse.
Used the wooden boards that come ready made. I found them in the craft section at Michael's.
I cut the boards the measurements that I wanted my outhouse to be. I kept the width the same width as the board came in. I then glued the sides to the back piece
I then cut a piece of board two inches by 3 inches and made two little holes (or color the holes in using a magic marker) and glue the piece on to the back wall. Cut another piece and glue that onto the board filling it in.
For the shingles I used tongue depressors and glued them onto the roof.
I used All purpose silicone to glue the rocks onto the structure.
For the door I made a tiny moon and glued it to the door. I used pine cone scales for the hinges, and a tip off of a popsicle stick for the door handle.
For the clothesline, I used dowel rods and glued two pieces together and tied two pieces of string to form the clothesline. I anchored the ends of the strings to the roof.
I added the landscaping and anchored the wash tub to the side of the outhouse. I stacked the "fire wood" along the side of the outhouse and added an ax to complete the Fairy garden.
I had so much fun with this project. This one indeed, took me back to the farm when I was little .

• Lis20137989

Did you also make the little washboard?

• Sarah M

No I didn't, Lisa. I bought the washboard at Michael's Craft store.
  • Joanie

I wrote a comment and question, but it didn't show up!! Darn. Where did ya get the mermaid....my d.i.law loves them and believes in them....I would love to make this fairy garden for my grandbabies. They would love it!! Happy Mom's Day!

• Cheryl Gillman

This is so incredibly sweet!! Do you think it would hold up outside or is this for inside? I'd love to make something like this to add to my fairy garden!!