DIY Wood Slice Spring Pallet Sign

If you have followed my blog for any period of time, you know I love pallet wood. To me, it never gets old. You can do SO MUCH with it, and it is so easy to find FREE pallets! Today I am coming at ya with a super easy and fun spring sign made from DIY wood slices, pre-made letters and of course, a piece of pallet wood.
Do you remember my Rustic Glam Office that I posted this past Christmas? Well, in that post I showed you how to make some VERY easy DIY wood slices}. These same wood slices that we made are the ones that I am using in today's project! {Look at me being all resourceful!}
Here is what they look like!
diy wood slice spring pallet sign, crafts, pallet, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
For this project, you will need just a few items:
1 piece of pallet wood
White paint of any kind {even craft paint is fine}
DIY wood slices
White wooden letters from craft store {mine are from Hobby Lobby}
Hot glue gun
So here it goes!
First, I took some white paint and barely covered my brush. I then swept it on the pallet board to give it a "white washed" look. You do not use very much white paint. You want it to look uneven and washed out. You may even want to water down your paint. I didn't, but you can.
Here is what the board looks like after this step.
After your board is dry, take your wood slices and glue your S P R I N G letters onto them! {These letters are super cheap. Hobby Lobby runs them on sale all the time!}
After gluing your letters to the wood slices, simply glue your wood slices to your board. It's so simple! I didn't do mine "straight" because I wanted it to have a bit of a whimsy look.
For pictures of the full sign, along with the tutorial for the DIY wood slices, more easy DIY projects, as well as Room Renovations and Budget Decorating, check out my blog!

Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed